view as [text]
25th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification
July 13-19, 2013
Saint Petersburg, Russia
The 2013 Computer-Aided Verification (CAV) Workshops provide an opportunity for participants to discuss topics in the broader verification related domains. CAV 2013 Workshops will be held before the main conference on July 13 and 14.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Workshop chair along with the program chairs and members of the steering committee. Proposals must consist of the following two parts:
Part I: Technical Information
A short (about 1 page) scientific justification of the proposed topic, its significance and relevance to CAV, and the particular benefits of the workshop to the verification community, as well as a list of previous or related workshops (if relevant).
Part II: Organizational Information
- contact information of the workshop organizers
- identifying a main contact for the workshop (i.e. a workshop chair)
- the desired length of the workshop, (one or two days)
- estimate of the audience size
- proposed format and agenda (for example, demo sessions, tutorials, etc.)
- potential invited speakers
- procedures for selecting papers and participants
- plans for dissemination, if any (for example, special issues of journals)
- special technical, AV, or USB stick needs
- links to a preliminary website of the workshop and call for papers (if possible)
- information if workshop has been previously held
Proposals are due by Nov 23, 2012 by email to the Workshop chair. Organizers will be notified by Nov 30, 2012.
The workshop proposals will be reviewed and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Potential to advance state of the art in verification technologies, especially ability to break new ground.
- Relevance to CAV.
- Overlap of topics with other proposed workshops.
- Past-successes of the workshop and association with previous CAV conferences.
- Organizers’ ability and experience to lead a successful workshop.
All accepted workshops will be asked to provide a webpage, call for papers, and list of invited speakers. The workshop participants will be required to register for the workshop through the CAV main registration page.
The registration rates for workshops will be set by CAV organizers in consultation with the workshop organizers, following rate structures similar to (but not the same as) those followed in the past. The workshop organizers are strongly encouraged to seek external funding and sponsorships.
For further enquiries or information, please contact:
Igor Konnov (CAV2013 Workshop Chair)
Vienna University of Technology,
Institute of Information Systems 184
1040 Vienna, Austria
email: konnov AT forsyte.at